Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ever Feel Like a Total Dunce and Adding a Signature to your blog

Just griping...LOL! I've been trying to get my signature ready for my blog and I have deleted what I was using as a background. First, I tried to find something close and couldn't. I found a few that was dark blue and grungy, so I was like, ok maybe that will have to work. Then, the little lightbulb came on in my head and I thought...GIF! That's it! No background. Soooo...I create my siggie, save as gif-upload and stick on my blog. Put in a test post-and there's this big beautiful white background. I was like "What the [fill in the blanks, ha! ha!]. So here I go...delete it and put in one of my dark blue ones save as a jpg-upload-post. It doesn't even remotely match. Then I'm like...well duh...grab my own background and use it! Then I think it needs resizing. Go through the whole process again, just to have to delete it because it still doesn't match my background. UGH! Then when I finally get it right...my computer keeps showing the previous ugly one. So...here I go, cleaning my cache'. And now, I finally have my pretty little signature up on my blog. LOL! Go ahead and laugh about it...I am. I just find myself wondering if I'm just one of the lucky few or if everyone has things that happen like this?! For some reason, this kind of stuff always happens to me when I'm designing or something to do with my blog. Anyhoo...anyone that knows me knows that I am definitely a cat person, so even though my header is a dragon-I went with this little kitty. I fell in love with him the first time I saw him and knew I had to use him for something. He is from the It's raining cats and dogs collab with Mel Haines from http://www.melslightbulbmoments.blogspot.com/ and Vicki from http://vicki20.blogspot.com/. My particular kitty came from Mel's part.

Now for a small tut.

I looked at several places trying to find how to add a signature to my blog, so I was just going to tell you what I found out. I personally made an actual picture as my signature, but you could whatever picture/signature you like. Just go to your dashboard (I just click post and go from there) and click settings-formatting and scroll to the very bottom of the page where it says post template and paste this text into it and save it.


<p><image class="centered"alt="post signature" src="Your url here" /></p>

Just replace this url with your image url. This has it aligned to the right, but I changed mine to center. Oh well...hope this helps somebody.

Just for laughs-I've looked forever to figure out how to show html on a blogger page! ARGHHH!



No comments:

Post a Comment